Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
This is a simple twist to the regular chicken grilled. My family loves it and I love it more because is an easy and fast solution for every day.
Also the spinach is a super food loaded with tons of nutrients in a low calorie package. With this recipe even the kids will love their vegetables.
- 4 chicken breasts flattened very skinny
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 2 butter spoons
- 12 finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cream cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour for the sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Thaw spinach in the microwave and place on a paper towel kitchen.
- Put the butter in a hot pan and add the mushrooms and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook about 5 minutes, until mushrooms release their juices. Put the mushrooms and garlic in a food processor.
- Press to everything finely chop and add to the bowl with spinach.
- Add the cream cheese (or ricotta cheese) and Parmesan cheese. Add the nutmeg and a little salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Fill the chicken breasts with mixture and secure with a toothpick.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil in skillet and put the stuffed chicken breasts to brown on all sides. Cook the chicken 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts and add the butter to the pan. When melted add the flour and stir well. Add the white wine until reduced by another minute. Gradually add the chicken stock and return the chicken breasts to skillet. Reduce heat and keep in the pan until ready to serve.
Enjoy this delicious recipe with a white wine glass, see you next time!
Tags: chicken, recipes, spinach