I love the way technology has changed the way we do things, especially shopping. There are days when physically going to a retail store becomes a task or there is just no time for that.
But this doesn’t mean that we can no longer shop, not with the availability of a wide range of online delivery services. What I love about e-commerce is its limitless feature.
Do you want to shop while you are at home, in the office, or traveling? well, simply go online, find your favorite brand, and place your order.
There are definitely so many things that you can order from e-commerce sites. One sector that is thriving currently is online organic and sustainable meat delivery services. Who wouldn’t want to get the finest cuts of high-quality meat delivered at their doorstep?
To ensure that you get fresh, juicy, and non-GMO meat products, take a look at our independent review of the top 10 organic and sustainable meat delivery brands.
Table of Contents
**Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some of our links are affiliate links
Best Online Organic and Sustainable Meat Delivery Services
From comprehensive market analysis, product variety, and consumer reviews, we have established that some of the best online organic and sustainable meat delivery services include:
Snake River Farms in partnership with Double R Ranch, is a premium meat delivery service that sells sustainably sourced products.
It has a wide range of specialties sourced from humanely raised animals. For instance, the heritage breed of Kurobuta Berkshire pork is derived from pigs that are raised in small farms in Midwest and Idaho. Their meat products include delicious varieties of beef and pork.
From processing, packing, to delivery, Snake River Farms always focuses on quality. Their product packing includes environmentally-friendly boxes with the cuts coming in frozen and vacuum-sealed form.
- Quality and sustainably managed meat harvests
- The animals are normally managed in a humane way
- There is a limited meat variety
- The food items are very expensive
- Howard Farm
- Prock Elk Ranch
- Eden Farms
- Paradise Meats among others
According to Porter Road, “If it’s not raised right then it can’t be delicious”. Well, this is true, especially if you are a fan of juicy meat. This is a meat delivery service that sells 100% grass-fed products.
Porter Road sources its harvests from locally domesticated animals in the pastures of Tennessee and Kentucky. From here, they dry age it and handle the cutting process in their facilities.
The main focus of this brand is not only to cash in by making more sales but also to create new standards that will set them apart. The nation-wide service delivery has meat products with a different taste.
From reviews, it’s clear that once you eat cuttings from Porter Road you will never go back anywhere.
Whether you are cooking a little portion for yourself or hosting a celebration, Porter Road is here for you. Every time you need them they will be around.
Their broad range of cuts as well as comprehensive preparation guides will help you deliver mouthwatering meals during every session. Some of the items in their catalog include:
- Combo kits
- There are sugar-free meat alternatives
- Pasture-raised and grass-fed meat products with a grain finish
- The meat demand is always high so there are often shipping delays
Crowd Cow only wants its customers to eat better meat at cost-effective prices. The organic meat delivery brand offers quality and transparent services.
The company which is created by two serious entrepreneurs has grown significantly over the past few years thanks to their cool organic meat in addition to outstanding services. It works with small farms and ranches who use humane and the latest farming practices.
Crowd Cow’s mission is to create an effective alternative meat commodity system. By this, they aim to connect their customers directly to specific independent ranches and small farms.
The best thing is that will source their products as near to your location as possible. So, how do you pitch?
- Select a farm: there are several farms and ranches all over the country and each one of them has unique product offerings
- Choose the type of cuts you want
- Wait for your order
Their specific offerings feature:
- Grass-fed beef: The Japanese and American Wagyu, tenderloin steak, oxtail, rib eye, ground beef, etc.
- Sustainable seafood featuring turf and surf
Note that you have the option of buying items a la carte. One of the most popular varieties among consumers is ground beef which comes in the form of wagyu, grain-finished, and 100% grass-fed.
Alternatively, you can also use a curated subscription box. But regardless of what you choose, rest assured that your meat will arrive while it’s still frozen.
Moreover, this brand normally uses compostable and 100% recyclable material for packaging.
- Incredibly delicious meat variety.
- A legit brand with a wide product range
- A personalized guide and recipe for each cut
- The delivery service isn’t available everywhere
- Minimum $ 50 purchase
This is premium online purveyor is known to sell quality grass-fed meat as well as wild-caught seafood. Their robust delivery system is designed for shipping food items such as:
- Grass-fed beef, bison, pork, and lamb
- Nutrient-rich seafood
- Free-range poultry
The organic meat delivery service provider has a massive product catalog to ensure that different customer needs are catered to.
If you a conscious eater and are deeply immersed in wellness then you don’t have to worry about ordering unhealthy cuts from US Wellness. This is because all their meat varieties are managed and processed with 100% organic techniques.
Note that there are even sugar-free meat and snack varieties featuring:
- Pork bacon
US Wellness works with sustainable family farms that use humane farming practices. So, consumers are guaranteed of quality when they purchase their products. Note that there are more than 300 types of specialty items and, therefore, you will never run out of options
- Non-GMO meat delivery service that sells hundreds of various specialty items
- Impressive meat selection in addition to sugar-free products
- There are frequent discounts offered to ensure that you save money
- Great and courteous customer service
- Frequent shipping delays
- The food items quickly go out of stock
- The price range is quite high
After sampling Vital Choice’s meat delivery services, it’s clear that quality and variety are their key selling points. Consumers love this organic meat delivery services because it gives them access to a wide range of organic options.
Vital choice is mainly a seafood and shellfish subscription box but they have a selected variety of meat cuts, you just have to dig a bit using their search tool.
Looking at their website, you will find that they have almost every kind of meat with varieties like:
- Poultry and
Just like it’s stated above, versatility is a key feature of Vital Choice. We love the fact that their fishing is based on sustainability because sea life is important for the environment and the current fishing stocks are quite low.
Vital Choice understands that sometimes life can be hectic hence you might need something that can be eaten on the go. Well, there have several options for essential healthy snacks. The nutrient-rich and ready to eat food options include:
- Seafood soups/broths
Overall, the organic meat delivery service usually sells a wide range of organic meats, seafood, pre-made snacks, and seasonings. You can also find omega-3s and related supplements to ensure that you are not only satisfied but also attain your general wellness goals.
- The brand offers a la carte of ordering without any commitments
- There are monthly product subscriptions that are cost-effective
- A wide range of seafood and animal products with healthy proteins
- They frequently release new batches of products to create versatility
- Occasional delays in shipping
- Some of their seafood products are strongly flavored
Do you want to eat high-quality meat that will leave you feeling fresh? Here you have it, Mr Steak!
This is a subscription service. You select the type of “box” you want and the cuts (there is up to 21 types of cuts to chose) and they deliver it every single month in your front door. Now, you have your protein source covered for the month.
Mr Steak delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, and heritage breed pork directly to your door. They classify themselves as “the neighborhood butcher for modern America”.
If you are going to buy meat from this brand, then rest assured that every item was pasture-raised. This gives you full confidence to cook non-GMO, antibiotic-, and hormone-free meat.
With responsible farming practices, this brand has managed to produce some of the best meat products while simultaneously conserving the environment around them.
One of the meat varieties that you can order from Mr Steak include:
- 100% grass-fed beef that’s nutrient-rich
- Free-range chicken
- Heritage pork
- The high-quality meat is sweet and delicious
- The meats are raised sustainably and harvested humanely
- There are occasional promotions with reduced sale prices
- The delivery times are highly flexible
- Wide variety of cuts to choose
- High quality of products and packaging
- The price is a bit higher than the competition
As one of the best brands in the market, Greensbury’s quality organic meats have earned it a top-selling spot.
I love the fact that this brand normally curates its food items to cater to different customer needs and preferences. But among the so many best online organic and sustainable meat delivery services, why should you choose Greensbury?
Well, this delivery service focuses on providing its clients with organic meat and grass-fed beef. The quality of its products is usually maintained to ensure that consumers are consistently provided with high-quality products.
The brand normally handpicks the animals from the best organic ranches and farms in the US.
Once these animals are ready for harvesting, they are handled with ultimate care. For quality control, Greensbury controls the preparation process until the time the food item is delivered.
By applying the state of the art technology in manufacturing and freezing, consumers normally end up getting fresh and nutritious meat products.
To facilitate and maintain sustainability, their packing involves the use of roll stock while the transit of orders involves the use of dry ice.
The best thing about Greensbury meat is that they have a very long shelf life. You can even store the meat for one year in your freezer! Some of their organic products include:
- Free-range poultry
- Grass-fed beef
- Pork and
- Certified organic meat that’s free of steroids, hormones, and antibiotics
- Vegetarian-fed animals
- The brand uses sustainable and humane farming practices
- There is a high level of transparency of meat selection
- A wide product range
- Meat deliveries are done to specific states only
Just like its name suggests, Organic Prairie simply delivers organic meat. The brand is a cooperative of various organic family farms that have integrated to produce outstanding meat products designed to cater to the different needs of consumers.
For starters, Organic Prairie uses all-natural farming methods. This means that they completely avoid the use of synthetic hormones to facilitate faster development of their animals.
In addition to that, their farming practices are free of toxic antibiotics, pesticides, and other GMOs. As farmers, the brand uses humane animal practices that involve grazing the farm animals on organic pastures. It’s worth noting that all their poultry have complete access to the outdoor environment.
Some of the featured meat categories include:
- Certified organic beef that’s free of artificial additives
- Organic pork raised in free and bedded on thick straw
- Certified organic turkey that roams freely with unlimited access to the outdoors
- Organic chicken that feeds on 100% organic feeds
To ensure that you get a food item that suits your taste preferences, you don’t need to order a full batch. There are sampler packs that you can conveniently try. Besides that, you can also order meat gifts that will be easily delivered.
This brand not only offers basic services but they truly go over and beyond. Instead of using the usual standard levels of production, they use their own customized techniques to maintain meat quality.
Every meat batch is normally subjected to bacterial tests before being put on the market. Furthermore, there is a comprehensive animal record, from the way it was raised until when it has harvested.
- 100% organic farming practices
- Humane techniques are used in the rearing of animals
- A comprehensive animal record
- The brand has a wide range of meat options
- The delivery time might take quite long
- The beef sometimes as bits of gristle
White Oak Pastures
Established in 1866, White Oak Pastures is one of the reigning online meat delivery services. The brand which has been around for over a century clearly knows the ins and outs of this industry.
Focusing on meat delivery, the multigenerational family farm usually sells its products locally in Georgia. However, there has been a massive shift in market design.
So, White Oak Pastures is doing deliveries via their online store.
The brand has a wide variety of 100% grass-fed and finished meat beef, goat, and lamb. Besides that, there is also:
- Pastured pork
- Poultry in the form of goose, turkey, duck, chicken, and guinea meat.
There are definitely so many features that make White Oak Pastures stand out. One of them includes using humane, fair, and sustainable farming practices.
This is designed with the aim of managing regenerative land as well as revitalizing the nearby community. Consumer safety is guaranteed thanks to the pasture-raised animals in addition to the farm-based hand-butcher.
Note that the reputation of this brand can be easily verified. Over the many years, it has been in the industry, White Oak Pastures has been featured in some of the most popular news platforms including CNN, NBC, Consumer Reports, and The Washington Post among others.
- An effective hand-butchering model
- You get premium and delicious meat delivered at your doorstep
- There is a wide variety of meat
- Most meat batches are usually sold out
What to Look for When Choosing an Online Meat Delivery Services
E-commerce has enhanced convenience when it comes to the delivery of purchased items.
Currently, there are hundreds of brands that provide consumers with meat delivery services. But how do you ensure that you pick the best brand with quality products? Well, here is how you can easily go about it.
Know the Company
It’s crucial that you deeply understand the type of brand that you are buying from.
Don’t be fooled by a well-designed website since there are so many companies that only focus on appearance rather than services.
Have some background information about the brand for instance, what are their payment or cancelation policies, how long they have been in business, etc. You can do this by checking the “About Us” page or the FAQ section.
The Meat Variety
You want to buy meat, but what are some of the verities is the brand offering? It’s very easy for a delivery service to claim that they are selling organic meat but without proof.
So, instead of just placing an order, you need to verify if the meat is 100% organic. You can do this by searching the quality mark on the website to verify that it has been certified by the relevant authorities.
Other key features to look out for include:
- An antibiotic-free certification. This can verify that no growth hormones were used to increase the size of the livestock artificially.
- Pasture-raised meat label indicates that the animal sources are normally allowed to roam and graze.
- Grass-fed versus grain-fed. Always go for grass-fed products as they are healthier and they usually graze on open fields. On the other hand, grain-fed meat products come from fattened livestock and most of them are not usually allowed to roam.
- Packaging: if the meat product is organic, the company will definitely use environmentally-friendly packaging.
- Type of meat cuts: apart from the several types of meat that are available, there are also numerous options for meat cuts. So, if you want a good beef cut, consider rib eye, strip loin, or sirloin. They are the most approved by culinary masters. For a lean option, flank steak is considered the leanest variety. In case you want pork, then go for bald cuts, ribs, butt roasts, or shoulders. Overall, make sure that you do comprehensive research regarding the type of meat cut you want.
Budget and Pricing
Generally, organic meats are more expensive compared to conventional meat. It’s because of the demanding farming practices required for the growth of animals as well as processing techniques. But this doesn’t mean that brands should rip off clients.
The pricing needs to be right in that you should be getting value for your money. So, before you even place an order, you should do a price comparison between different online organic meat delivery services. Go for a brand that sells quality meat at a cost-effective price with a good delivery system.
Overall, you should not feel like your budget is constrained when placing your meat order.
Customer Service and Shipping
Apart from the quality of product and good pricing, customer service comes in third in maintaining and attracting new customers.
From time to time, clients will experience problems with orders as well as delivery.
It’s the responsibility of the customer service personnel to effectively handle these issues and reassure the client. There should be multiple ways of communication as not everyone can make phone calls.
So, email and live chats could also be good alternatives. Lastly, shipping should be done in a timely manner to avoid unnecessary delays.
Times have changed and so are people. Instead of physically visiting shops, you can simply rely on online services. It should be noted that people are now keen on their health and wellness and that’s why most of us are turning to organic meat products.
The above-reviewed brands are among the best in the market currently. We have tried and tested some of their products. The quality of their meat products, variety, as well as delivery is amazing.
In addition to those, Thrive Market is another great online grocery provider that sells all types of 100% organic fair-trade products. Its meat delivery option, just like the others, is non-GMO and the harvests are usually managed in a humane and sustainable way.
Owner and Food blogger on The Cookware Geek. She loves cooking, baking, traveling, playing with the cats, and knitting. She believes that eating delicious meals doesn’t require a culinary degree or a Michelin-star chef in your kitchen.