**Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some of our links are affiliate links
Top 10 Bacon Cooker (Microwave and Electric)
Most bacon lovers will agree with me that the mere mention of bacon brings about an irresistible urge to have a bite of it at that very instance. It happens to me a lot. The mere aroma of bacon triggers an appetite that can’t be quenched by anything else but bacon. Like I always say bacon can beckon on me at any time.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Your love for bacon isn’t complete until you can make your own delicious homemade bacon, which is usually tastier, healthier and cheaper than any bacon you will ever buy in a store.
You will agree with me that there is an indescribable level of joy and satisfaction that comes when you eat what was made by your hands. It also gives you an extra point as far as cooking skills are concerned in your circle of friends. Making bacon at home is as easy as ABC especially when you have a bacon cooker.
Cooking bacon in a pan can be tiring, it takes away all the fun and excitement and can also get messy especially with grease being splattered everywhere. But I’ve got good news for my fellow bacon lovers, bacon cookers have been invented to take away the stress associated with cooking bacon in a pan and make bacon cooking a lot easier and makes your bacon crispier and sweeter, just the way you want it. This way your love for bacon can find full expression without any barrier.
Bacon cookers are just marvelous and they come with double awesomeness as either the Electronic bacon cooker or the Microwave bacon cookers. They are both designed to help you cook your bacon strips in a simple but healthier manner.
I promise you that after your first use of a bacon cooker, you will ditch the traditional pan frying method and wish you could turn back the hands of time to go back using it right from the first day you made your own bacon. There is no need to worry tho, you can now have a constant supply of bacon within a short period of time, all thanks to bacon cookers.
Let’s see what these two cookers have to offer and then check out ten bacon cookers, to help you pick the one you love the most
This article is divided into two sections, the first section will explore Microwave Bacon Cookers in general, their pros and cons and then go on to review top best microwave bacon cookers. The second section will examine Electric bacon cookers, their pros, and cons and then review top electric bacon cookers. In addition, the differences between the two types of bacon cookers will be examined.
Microwave bacon cookers vs electric bacon cookers
Microwave Bacon Cooker
A microwave bacon cooker also known as grill racks is a simple plastic tool that has slots for bacon strips to be hung on and then placed in a microwave for the bacon to cook. Microwave Bacon cookers usually have a tray or a bottom for fat to drip into and they have lids that prevent the fat from splattering in the microwave.
The microwave bacon cooker can't function on its own, it needs a microwave for the bacon to get cooked. This method saves you the stress of having to stand and fry and stir bacon and watch the fat splash everywhere, cooking bacon with a microwave oven cooker becomes as easy as warming a frozen food in the microwave.
This type of bacon cooker is very affordable and good ones can be used for a long time.
It is important to note that any microwave bacon cooker you buy must be toxin free and BPA free and also doesn't add color or odor to your bacon when exposed to heat.
Best Microwave Bacon Cookers
It weighs 2.38 pounds and has a total dimension of 11.7 inches by 9.8 inches by 2.5 inches. It has a plate where the fat from the bacon strips drips into an accumulate, the fat can be used for frying or it can be disposed of later.
This bacon cooker has a rotating handle which cranks bacon flat and prevents it from shrinking. It is made of BPA Free plastic and can be easily washed in a dishwasher without it warping.
On Amazon.com, it has 3.1-star rating out of five stars.
- It is easy to use
- It can withstand up to 350 degrees of heat in the microwave for up to thirty minutes
- The base is slanted thereby making it easy for grease to drain well.
- It is easy to clean and can be washed in a dishwasher
- It can contain only four strips of bacon at a time
- It is a bit short, so long bacon strips may not fit in except curled up
- The bacon strips can easily get suck to the cooking surface
- It takes a while for the bacon strip to be evenly cooked.
It can cook up to six slices of bacon in as little as three minutes. It has a clear lid that enables the user to see bacon while it is cooking, the lid also prevents grease from splattering all over the interior of the microwave.
The grooves of this bacon cooker are deep enough for fat from the bacon to drip into without the bacon touching the fat, thereby ensuring crispness. It has an integrated spout that can be removed by the user to pour out the accumulated grease.
This microwave bacon cooker can be easily removed from the microwave with the aid of its comfortable handles. Every part of it is made with BPA free plastic and it can be washed in a dishwasher.
It weighs 4.5 ounces.
Out of five stars rating, this microwave bacon cooker has 3.9 stars on Amazon.com
- It has a sturdy bottom
- It is easy to clean
- The lid prevents a great percentage of grease from splattering every and making a mess
- It is very strong and durable
- The handles make it easy to be removed from the microwave while still very hot
- It is a bit short, so long strips of bacon will need to be curled up
- The lid doesn’t fit perfectly so little grease may still splatter on the microwave
- The grooves may not be deep enough to contain fat from thick bacon strips
This microwave bacon cooker can cook up to four or six bacon strips at a time. It is 10 inches long, 7 inches wide and 2.25 inches high, it weighs just 10.4 ounces and it is made from BPA-free plastic.
The bacon is placed on an elevated surface which makes it easy for the fat to drip off into a reservoir thereby making the bacon healthy. It also has a vented cover which helps to prevent grease from splattering and messing up the microwave.
The handle can be easily removed.
Asides being used to grill bacon, this grill can also be used to cook other frozen foods like taquitos, pizza rolls patties, and sausage links. It is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.
This microwave bacon cooker has 4.1-star rating out of five stars on Amazon.com
- The size is portable and it can fit into almost any microwave
- It is very easy to clean
- It doesn’t add odor or color to the bacon
- The ends remain cool for the user to hold and bring it out of the microwave
- The lid prevents grease from splattering and messing up the microwave
- Doesn’t cook bacon easily if the bacon is not turned occasionally
- Requires high electricity voltage for it to cook well
- The grooves /reservoir are not deep enough to contain the grease so the bacon may still get into the fat
Each strip of bacon takes up to half a minute or one minute to cook. It has a drip bar that collects fat from the bacon, the drip bars are designed to match the number of strips of bacon you want to cook.
If you are cooking between one to six bacon strips, then use the drip bar at the center of the cooker, if the strips are between seven to twelve then the drip is at the front and back should be used, if the bacon strips are between thirteen to eighteen then all three drip bars should be used.
The fat collected in the tray can be used for frying later or can be disposed of.
There is no splashing of fat on the interior of the microwave, and the cooker is easy to clean, it can be washed in a dishwasher.
The total dimensions of this microwave bacon cooker are as follows 9.2 inches by 8.8 inches by 1.6 inches and It weighs just two pounds.
On Amazon.com, the Makin microwave bacon cooker has 4.1-star rating out of five stars.
- The cooking of the bacon in the air makes it less greasy and more Crispy
- Cooking of bacon is faster, it takes about one minute to cook one strip
- It is very easy to clean
- Grease doesn’t splatter on the microwave
- It reduces up to 35% of fat from the bacon, thereby making it very healthy
- It can melt easily if exposed to too much heat
- The fat from the bacon can be entirely drained that the bacon will lose its flavor
- The part of the bacon that is over the support bar is undercooked when compared to the part that hangs down
The tray has raised ridges that help to elevate the tray thereby facilitating even heat distribution and dripping of fat to make the bacon crispy.
It has a lid that prevents grease from splattering in the microwave and handles for easy movement from the microwave. Each bacon strips takes an average of one minute to cook.
The bacon cooker is made from BPA-free plastic and it is easy to clean and can be washed in a dishwasher.
The total dimensions are 8.5 inches by 10.5 inches by 1 inches and it weighs 8.8 ounces.
On Amazon.com it has 4.1-star rating out of five stars.
- The lid effectively prevents grease from messing up the microwave.
- Fat is collected in the tray and can be collected for future use
- It cooks bacon easily and very fast
- It is easy to clean, it can be washed in a dishwasher
- The lid easily gets warped.
- 20% or half of the bacon strips have to be cut for the strips to fit into this cooker.
- The lid and the tray tend to get very hot while cooking, so gloves are needed to remove it from the microwave.
This bacon cooker can cook up to twelve bacon strips at a time, the Bacon strips cooked in this cooker are leaner and healthier than those fried in a pan. It has a deep base where fat drips into when the bacon is cooking.
Loading of bacon into it is very simple and it is easy to clean and store. It does not have any tiny area that is hard to clean and it can be fully immersed in water and washed in a dishwasher.
The cooking racks can be removed for easy storage.
It weighs just 12 ounces and has a good rating of 4.3 stars out of five stars on Amazon.com
- It is suitable for family use because it can make a large amount of bacon at once.
- It doesn’t splatter grease in the microwave
- It is easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- The tray can be picked from the microwave by the lip without burning your finger.
- The bacon strips at the center don’t cook well and fast enough like the ones on the outside.
- It is not good for cooking thick bacon
- It drains out too much far from the bacon that it ends up dry.
Electric Bacon Cookers
The electric bacon cooker can be likened to an electric skillet or a grill and does not need an external oven to function. It can contain up to six strips of bacon or more based on the capacity of the cooker.
The bacon strips are vertically or horizontally draped over a non-stick (usually stainless steel) surface, the fat that drips from the bacon is collected into a drip pan that can be removed and cleaned after cooking.
Most electric bacon cookers have a button or a knob that can be turned to adjust the temperature to suit the preference of the user depending on the size of the strips.
This cooker has a door or a lid that can be closed to prevent grease from splashing on the surfaces close to it when the bacon is being cooked. The lid and the drip pans are usually detachable and can be washed in a dishwasher.
The electric bacon cooker is a recent innovation and saves you 99% of the stress associated with making bacon. The bacon strips cooked in it are usually very crispy and free of grease especially when the owner knows how to operate it properly.
Best Electric Bacon Cookers
There is absolutely no need for the bacon strips to be flipped for them to cool well. The strips are arranged vertically thereby making it easy for fat to drain out of them.
The cooker has a drip tray that can be slid out to empty the fat that dripped into it, thereby making it very easy to clean and maintain. The cooking plates are non-stick and can also be easily removed to clean.
The overall dimension of this electric cooker is 12 inches by 9.1 inches by 5.2 inches. It weighs 5.49 pounds.
It has a 2.8-star rating on Amazon.com
- The cooking surface is non-stick, so bacon strips font get stuck to it
- The drip tray can be easily removed, emptied and cleaves
- The cooking plates can be removed for easy cleaning
- It doesn’t splatter grease
- It is perfect for cooking thick bacon
- The detachable components can be hard to fix back after cleaning
- Bacon grease can easily leak from the tray
- The timer doesn’t notify the user of when to open the door.
This stainless steel electric bacon cooker can cook up to six to eight bacon strips at a time, it slowly cooks the bacon until it is crispy. It has a timer that the user can turn to control the heat to the preferred level.
Bacon strips are arranged vertically on this cooker, thereby facilitating easy draining of fat thereby making the bacon healthy and crispy. The fat is drained from the strips is collected in a team at the bottom of the cooker which can be easily disposed of.
The stainless steel and non-stick surface of this cooker make it easy for grease to be cleaned off.
It has a lid that helps to retain the flavor if the bacon and also prevents the splattering of grease. The top tray and the bottom tray can be easily removed and cleaned and can be washed in a dishwasher.
This electric bacon cooker weighs 4.19 pounds and has a total dimension of 12.4 inches by 5.7 inches by 9.7 inches
It has 2.9 stars rating on Amazon.com
- The drip tray is highly efficient and easy to clean
- The lids help to prevent grease from splattering all over
- The cooking surface can be easily wiped clean with a damp rag
- The vertical arrangement of bacon strips on this cooker makes fat to drip out very fast.
- It takes a very long time for the bacon strips to become Crispy
- The temperature can’t be controlled, only the cook time can be controlled.
- The cooker doesn’t heat up evenly.
The Salton Bacon Master can cook up to six bacon strips at once. The cooking surface is nonstick and easy to clean. It has a stainless steel lid which prevents grease from being splattered while the bacon is cooking.
The cook time of this cooker can be set to suit the preference of the user, bacon can be cooked in this cooker without it being turned.
The drip tray can be removed and the accumulated fat can be poured out for easily Cleaning. The cover of this electric bacon cooker can also be removed and washed in a dishwasher to get rid of grease.
This cooler weighs 4.6 pounds and has an approximate total dimension of 12 inches by 9.5 inches by 5.5 inches
It has a 3.0-star rating on Amazon.com
- The lids help to prevent grease from splashing everywhere
- The lids and the drip tray can be removed and washed in a dishwasher
- The cooking surface is non-stick and easy to clean
- The cook time can be set to the user’s preference
- It does a poor job at cooking bacon until they are Crispy
- Greasy strips are left on the cooking surface
This bacon cooker also functions as a double griddle, an indoor grill, and a combo grill. It has three interchangeable griddle plates. It is a hundred square inch when closed and two hundred square inches when opened.
Bacon can be cooked in this cooker with the grill closed or open, if it is open, it will contain double the normal quantity of bacon strips.
It has a kickstand that can be tilted to drain the grease that collects in it. It has three removable and non-stick plates that can be washed in a dishwasher.
The temperature of this cooker can be adjusted to fit the preference of the user.
This electric bacon cooker weighs 11 pounds and has total dimensions of 16 inches by 13 inches by 7 inches.
It has 4.3 stars rating on Amazon.com
- It has an excellent non-stick coating
- It is very easy to clean
- The drip tray is very big and grease can easily run into it
- Bacon strips are laid flat on this cooker thereby making it perfect for people who love flat cookers
- It is lightweight and can fit on a kitchen counter
- It can cook very good bacon within a short time frame
- The grease tray is a maw of thin plastic and can easily get cracked if exposed to very hot grease
- It doesn’t have a built-in timer to switch it off when the bacon is properly cooked
- The cord is not very long.
Differences between an electric bacon cooker and a microwave bacon cooker
Despite being very similar in purpose, certain differences exist between the microwave bacon cooker and the electric bacon cooker, below are some of the differences
1)The microwave bacon cooker requires an external source of heat to cook the bacon, while the electric bacon cooker doesn’t require an external heat source, it has it’s inbuilt oven for cooking bacon.
2)Most microwave bacon cookers are usually small and cannot contain more than eight bacon strips because of the size of the microwave, while electric microwave cookers can contain a larger amount of strips depending on the capacity, some can contain up to twenty bacon strips at a time.
3)Microwave Bacon cookers are cheaper and more affordable than electric bacon cooker.
4)Electric bacon cookers are usually more durable than microwave bacon coolers which are prone to melting or warping when exposed to too much heat.
5)Microwave Bacon cookers are easier to clean than electric bacon cookers.
6)Some electric bacon cookers have multiple purposes and can be used to cook other frozen foods but microwave bacon cookers cannot be used for any other purpose asides cooking of bacon.
Recipes using bacon
- Shrimps, corn and bacon chowder
- Bacon and corn dip
- Bacon and chicken salad
- Loaded cheese and bacon portobello mushrooms
From the above review, it is clear that the electric bacon cooker and the microwave bacon cookers have their advantages and disadvantages.
But for the sake of this article and to also make it easier for your to make the rights choice when buying a bacon cooker, I would recommend the electric bacon cooker as the best Bacon cooker to buy. This is due to certain obvious reasons, it is not an improvised method of cooking bacon, rather it is made specifically for that purpose, therefore, you must not own a microwave to eat a nice home cooked bacon.
The reason why some people give negative reviews about electric bacon cookers is that most of them do not know how to use it properly especially in terms of setting the right heat temperature, once that is handled, the Bacon cooks nicer and there will be no complaints whatsoever.
Among all the electric cookers reviewed, the Hamilton Beach Bacon Electric cooker is the best. It has excellent customer reviews on Amazon.com and has 4.3 stars rating out of five stars. It has four different functions (bacon cooker, indoor grill, combo grill and double griddle)the lids help to retain the flavor of the bacon and it is sure to give all bacon lovers the endless supply of Crispy, yummy bacon they desire always.
If you are a bacon lover and you are still stuck on the unhealthy pan frying method of cooking bacon, move on to the healthy side and head on to Amazon.com and place an order for any of the bacon cookers reviewed in this article. It will be shipped to you within a short time frame and in a good condition.
Owner and Food blogger on The Cookware Geek. She loves cooking, baking, traveling, playing with the cats, and knitting. She believes that eating delicious meals doesn’t require a culinary degree or a Michelin-star chef in your kitchen.