Apple Banana Smoothie
Another energizing and nutritive smoothie recipe here in the blog. This apple banana smoothie is a naturally sweet and creamy smoothie that you can take as a complete breakfast.
You may have noted that every week I’m doing more and more smoothies. I used to be skeptical about juicing but now I just love how easy it is to get my daily dose of fruits and veggies in just one drink.
This smoothie does not include veggies like my all time favorite spinach apple smoothie. But still you get a lot of protein from the greek yogurt and vitamins and minerals (potassium + magnesium) from the fruits.
This is a great recovery smoothie to take after an intense workout. Banana is widely known for its anti-inflammatory properties and to prevent crampings associated with muscle fatigue.
What’s in this apple banana smoothie?
- Apple: There is a wise saying: “one apple a day keeps the doctor away” and it makes a lot sense. Apples are full of antioxidants, potassium, vitamin C and K and up to 4 grams dietary fiber per unit.
- Banana: My favorite fruit. Thanks to all the natural sugar in the bananas, this smoothie doesn’t need added sugar.
- Greek Yogurt: It is the main protein source of this recipe. Greek yogurt is a great source of calcium. I like to use sugar-free yogurt to make it extra healthy.
- Milk: This will smooth this drink a bit. You can use soy or almond milk as a substitute. Plain water will work just fine.
- Cinnamon: This is my secret touch. It works well either with banana or with apples. Cinnamon will add a spiced and warm touch.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Gala Apple
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Peel and deseed the apple. Cut it into pieces.
put all the ingredients into the blender and blend in high speed for a couple minutes. Serve.