This collagen peptide smoothie has only 5 ingredients but they’re full of nutrients to give you all the energy you need to start a new day or to recover from a workout.
If you’re into healthy smoothies, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you… and your skin!
Plus, you get other benefits like beautiful skin, hair, and nails!
Yes, and it’s not because this is a magical drink that will give you eternal youth and beauty— I’ll let you know when I find something like that. It is because this smoothie contains collagen peptides, which are awesome to feel and look amazing.
Table of Contents
**Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some of our links are affiliate links
What are collagen peptides?
Collagen is one of the most important proteins in our bodies. It’s the main component of connective tissues, and you can find it in tendons, ligaments, cartilage, bones, and skin. Collagen is what keeps all of that together, strong, and healthy.
Unfortunately, as we get older, we produce less collagen and wrinkles start to appear, our joints become weaker, and our muscles lose strength.
For that reason, including collagen in our diet can bring us many benefits.
One of the best ways to do that is by consuming collagen peptides. These molecules are smaller and easier to absorb than pure collagen.
In short, collagen peptides can enhance your skin appearance by making it softer, more hydrated, and youthful.
Oh, and it will make your hair and nails look stronger too!
Moreover, you’ll improve your elasticity and mobility by keeping your joints and bones healthy. You could even reduce joint pain and recover your muscles after an intense training session.
And… is collagen vegan?
Sadly for some, collagen is not vegan. It comes from different animal sources, such as cows and fish.
However, there are some vegan alternatives made from yeast and bacteria. Vegan collagen will give you the same benefits but it might be harder to find in the market.
Traditional collagen supplements sourced from animals are much easier to find. And, as they’re super popular right now, you’ll see lots of options out there.
For this smoothie, I used this collagen peptide powder from Naked Nutrition that I highly recommend (btw, I’ll talk more about it later!).
In addition to collagen, this smoothie has a lot of vitamins and antioxidants that will also help you to get a healthy-looking skin, as well as other benefits for your body.
Let’s go ingredient by ingredient:
What’s in this smoothie?
- Cucumber: not only is refreshing but super healthy! Cucumber is mostly water, so it provides almost no calories and it’s great for hydration (essential for glowing skin), digestion, and intestinal health. It also contains vitamin K, potassium, phosphorus, and calcium.
- Banana: there’s probably no other fruit as versatile as a banana. I love it! It’s delicious and it helps digestion and blood pressure control. It’s a well-known source of potassium, manganese, vitamin C, and several other nutrients.
Bananas also give you energy before and after a workout, and they’re low in fat.
Besides that, they’re super sweet, so you don’t need to add sugar to the recipe. Yay!
- Mango: another tropical deliciousness full of nutrients. Mangoes are high in antioxidants and contain vitamins C, A, E, K, B6, folate, and many more vitamins and minerals.
They are sweet, tasty, and provide benefits for your skin, hair, immunological system, eyes, and heart.
- Spinach: contains vitamins A, C, K, magnesium, manganese, iron, and folate. It also provides dietary fiber, calcium, potassium, and other nutrients. Spinach is very nourishing and it helps to keep control of your blood pressure, reduce oxidative stress, and even improve your eyes’ health.
- Naked Collagen (collagen peptide protein powder from Naked Nutrition): of course, collagen powder is the main ingredient of this recipe… and the closest we can get to eternal beauty and youth.
I already talked about the benefits of collagen and all the amazing stuff it can do for your body, but now I’d like to talk a little more about this powder from Naked Nutrition, which is just great.
Naked Collagen – Quick review
This collagen peptides powder is an amazing addition to any drink or dessert you want to prepare. And, the best part is that it is unflavored, so it won’t change the taste of anything!
Naked Collagen is a hydrolyzed collagen powder, sourced from pasture-raised and grass-fed cows from Europe.
It’s 100% natural, hormone-free (no rBGH or rBST), and it only contains collagen peptides. There are no additives or extra ingredients included.
Here are the main qualities of Naked Collagen:
- No carbs and no sugar! You can use it without worrying about your diet.
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors. It’s the perfect supplement to add to any drink.
- 9 grams of protein and 0.6 grams of BCAA’s per serving.
- Highly soluble. You can use it with any liquid you want.
- Dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free.
- Paleo and Keto friendly.
- Only one ingredient.
- 35 calories per serving.
How can you use Naked Collagen?
As this is a soluble, tasteless collagen supplement, you can use it in hot drinks, energizing smoothies (like this one!), desserts, snacks… or just water!
So, you can add Naked Collagen to your morning coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, healthy brownies, puddings, and… pretty much anything you can think of.
But wait… how much collagen should we consume a day?
Well, there’s a very interesting article about that in the Naked Nutrition blog.
It is safe to consume up to 40 grams of collagen per day, but that will depend on why you’re taking it.
That amount of collagen might be excessive for most people. So, the safest way to take collagen supplements is to start slow.
I like that this brand is very transparent about its products and what’s inside them. Each serving of Naked Collagen is 9.5 grams, which is enough to consume daily.
This collagen peptide smoothie is low in calories, has no sugar, and it’s an energizing drink full of nutrients and antioxidants that will improve your skin, hair, nails, bones, and muscles.
It’s the perfect post-workout drink or quick snack: easy to make, delicious and refreshing!
You can prepare it with water if you don’t want to add extra calories, but if you like it creamier, just add your favorite vegetal milk and enjoy!
Easy and delicious smoothie to enhance the health of your nails, skin and hair.
- 1 Mango
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Banana
- 1 Celery Stick
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 2 Oranges juice
- 2 tsp Flaxseed
- 2 scoops Collagen Peptide
Peel the cucumber, mango and banana. Cut them into cubes.
Add all the ingredients into the blender (except the flaxseed). Blend until you get a a smoothie like consistency.
Serve and top with 1 tsp of flaxseed per glass of smoothie.
I’m Maria and I love cooking—and mostly EATING—food from all around the world. I’ve been sharing my abuela’s secret Latin-American recipes for the last 7 years with the world on this blog. I’ve been a full-time food blogger for many years and I’m always trying new delicious meals that don’t require a culinary degree or a Michelin-star chef. I also love traveling, cats, and knitting.