This pollo a la plancha is the easiest Latin recipe that you can find for a busy weeknight dinner.
In almost every country of Latin America this recipe has its own version. Today I’ll show you the Venezuelan version of pollo a la plancha.
This is basically grilled chicken. And there is not rocket science to get a nicely cooked grilled chicken. What makes it different and somehow special is the seasoning.
**Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some of our links are affiliate links
How to season pollo a la plancha?
The main flavor is Worcestershire sauce. As I’ve explained before in my pollo guisado recipe, in Venezuela we use this type of sauce to season meat — especially chicken — and to make marinades and stews.
The next ingredients are the dry ones:
- Dry oregano: Even when oregano is mostly used for pasta sauce it adds a strong fragrance to meats.
- Garlic powder: Garlic is a staple in the Venezuelan cuisine. To season a chicken breast is better to use the powder version because it sticks to the skin way better during the grilling process.
- Cumin: This is another strong and pungent flavor but again it is what makes this simple grilled chicken something else. Because of its strong flavor you will need just a sprinkle of cumin to get the desired flavor.
As you may see this is an extremely easy recipe. You can use a green salad as a side or just plain white rice.
My favorite sides with this recipe are:
I hope you enjoy this recipe and I see you in the next one.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts butterflied
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Season the chicken with the Worcestershire sauce, the oregano, the garlic powder, the cumin, salt, and pepper. Let it marinate for 10-20 minutes (optional for extra flavor but you can cook it right away).
Heat a grill pan or a cast iron pan over medium heat and pour the olive oil. Cook the chicken 5-7 minutes each side until is fully cooked.
Serve with salad or rice.